13. The library board has a current written plan, updated at least every three years and developed with input from members of the community in addition to the library staff and library board. The plan includes all of the following steps:
- Assessment of community demographics and needs
- Vision and/or mission statements
- Goals and objectives
- Action steps
- A process to monitor implementation of the plan
Assistance with library planning is available from the Regional Library Systems of Kansas.
14. The library board annually reviews the library plan.
15. The library initiates community outreach services, events or programs to acquaint citizens with library services, staff and facilities. Possible examples might include reading clubs, cultural programs or homebound delivery.