Apps for People with Autism Spectrum Disorder:
- Pufferfish Software: This site has apps created specifically for people with ASD including a Visual Routine app, Social Story app, and Touch Talking app.
- Autism Apps from Autism Speaks: This collection of apps is rated by users as well as having a research rating ranging fromÂ Anecdotal (no research) to Research (some studies by no direct evidence), to Evidence (solid scientific research shows app as helpful).
Apps for People with Impaired Hearing:
- Apps for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired from AppAdvice.com
Resources for People with Visual Impairments:
- Apps Designed Specifically for the Blind or People with Low Vision from AppleVis
- Apps for Magnification and Vision Support from Spectronics
- Apps for Blind and Visually Impaired from AppAdvice.com
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Resources:
Special Education Resources:
- Apps for Special Education from Spectronics
- Apps for Children with Special Needs Alphabetical Apps listing
Other App Resources for Patrons with Disabilities:
- Hands-on with the iPad for Accessibility and Special Education videos from Spectronics
- Spectronics Inclusive Learning Technologies: provides lists of apps and other resources for use by people with a variety of disabilities.