This resource is mainly focused on Autism Spectrum Disorder; however, it does contain some information and resources related to other disabilities, as well as links to further resources. Because the resource was originally created by the Youth Services Consultants, there is a clear focus on children and teen patrons, but many of the resources could be used with patrons of any age. This resource is broken into multiple pages due to the large number of external sources listed.
If you have further sources that should be added to this resource, please contact Melendra Sutliff Sanders via email at msanders at nckls.org.
Select which list of resources you wish to view from the links below:
- American Sign Language Resources
- Apps for Patrons with Disabilities
- Articles Focusing on Library Service for Patrons with Disabilities
- Dyslexia Resources
- Educational & Training Opportunities and Websites
- General Resources for Parents of Children with Disabilities
- Pinterest Boards Focused on Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Print Resources Related to Library Services for Patrons with Disabilities
- Programming for Youth with Disabilities–from ALSC
- Resources for Toys, Manipulatives, and Assistive Technology
- Autism Acceptance and Inclusion Training